This beautiful park offers both day use and overnight camping. The park sits on 791 acres and is operated by the City of Grand Prairie. There is a Grand Prairie Police presence in the park. Loyd Park is accessible from State Hwy 360. From 360, go east on Ragland Road to the park entrance.
Facilities are very well maintained.
Hours of Operation Gate House Hours: 24 hours a day, all year long
Business Office Hours/ Reservations: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- 221 camping sites
- Water & 30 amp electric hookups
- All concrete pads
- Camping cabins
- Restrooms and showers/ changing house
- Picnic areas
- Large picnic pavilions
- Four-lane boat ramp with trailer parking
- Boat dock
- Volleyball & softball field
- Swimming beach
- Hiking, biking and equestrian trails
- Paddling Trail
- Canoe & Kayak Rentals
Vehicle Fee, per day:
Please check with the park directly for all pricing and fees as they change regularly.
Regular – $
Holidays & Holiday Weekends – $
Seniors per person $
Boat Launch Fee $
There is also a kayak paddling trail called Walnut Creek Paddling Trail. This 4.9-mile trail offers a spectacular outdoor experience for nature lovers, outdoor recreation enthusiasts, families, and paddlers of all skill levels.
Trail Length: ~5 miles (roundtrip from launch to 360 bridge)
Float Time: ~2 – 4 hours (depending on water level, flow rate and wind speed)
Please note: It is approximately 2.5 miles from Loyd Park down Walnut Creek to Highway 360, but paddlers can choose to return at any point for a shorter trip.
This 4.9-mile trail offers a spectacular outdoor experience for nature lovers, outdoor recreation enthusiasts, families, and paddlers of all skill levels (children should be accompanied by an adult). Once you reach the HWY 360 overpass, turn around and enjoy the lazy current and prevailing southerly wind on your paddle back.
Click here for more information on camping at Loyd Park.
Or here for a Loyd Park Map.
Address for Loyd Park
3401 Ragland Rd.
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Loyd Park Rules
1. No Glass Containers in designated areas or within 100 feet of the water.
2. No ﬁrearms or ﬁreworks are permitted, including BB guns, air riﬂes, bow and arrow and paintball guns.
3. Campers must be at least 18 years of age or with a parent or guardian.
4. All vehicles must be street legal to be operated in the park. No ATV’s, Golf Carts or Go-Carts, etc…
5. Obey speed limits, warning signs and trafﬁc laws.
6. No vehicle or camper washing.
7. No wading pools larger than 6 feet in diameter and 12 inches deep, no sprinklers.
8. Fires are allowed only in the areas that are designated. COLLECTING OR CUTTING WOOD IN THE PARKS IS PROHIBITED. Subject to City fines.
9. Camping is allowed in designated areas only.
10. No more than 1 wheeled camping unit per site and no more than 8 people per site.
11. Vehicles must maintain all wheels off paved surface while parallel parking. Head-in parking off the pavement is not allowed.
12. Quiet time is 10 pm. Loud, unnecessary noises and improper conduct are not permitted at any time.
13. Check out time for campers is 2 pm.
14. All pets must be leashed. Visitors with pets that present a threat or disturb other visitors will be asked to remove their pets from the park. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE SWIMMING BEACHES OR PLAYGROUNDS at any time. Pets cannot be left unattended at any time.
15. Reservations must be made for a minimum of two nights except holidays which require a 3 night minimum. Campsites will be assigned for walk-up and day-of reservations. Cancellation more than 14 days from day of reservation – $10 cancellation fee. Cancellation 14 to 1 day from reservation – forfeit of the amount of one night’s stay. Cancellation day of – no refund.
16. All reservation must be paid in-full at time of booking Have a good time, but be considerate of your neighbor’s rights and please help us keep the park clean! Campsites without a reservation will not be sold after 10 pm. Fees subject to change.